Position Purpose: Responsible for delivering exceptional administrative duties for the organization with minimal supervision and ensuring assigned areas run effectively. Key areas of responsibility include client relations, appointment coordination, general billing support, general housekeeping and office administration while maintaining department and organizational standards.
Organization Relationships: This position reports directly to the Administrative Manager and will interact on a regular basis with other staff, clients, vendors and external customers. This position works cooperatively with other organizational staff.
Principal Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
• Support organization’s Mission, Vision and Values.
• Ability to follow through and focus on everyday tasks and additional responsibilities.
• Effectively communicate status of projects and prioritization of task.
• Following directions of leadership and direct supervisor.
• Maintain professional boundaries and discretion with clients and staff.
• Provide excellent customer service by greeting visitors and callers, providing information, taking messages or directing them to the appropriate person.
• Screen sensitive and confidential items that can be routinely handled and prepare appropriate responses or direct to appropriate party based on clinic protocols
• Responsible for maintaining clinic intake calendar and other scheduling programs, timely response to inquiries and changes and making adjustments as needed to clinician calendars.
• Participates or assists with the preparation of financial related matters including, but not limited to, payment collection and processing. Includes coordinating efforts with the Billing area for seamless claim and reimbursement processes.
• Abide by Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines associated with client privacy and documentation requests.
• Maintain adequate office supplies and materials for the clinics abiding by company purchasing procedures
• Maintain clean and presentable spaces within the clinic, including light housekeeping and stocking.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining efficient records management, documentation and filing systems that support organizational compliance needs.
• Attend all required and assigned meetings and trainings.
• Being punctual for work and meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to pass the Rule 11 Criminal Background Screening and the Sexual Exploitation of Patients by Psychotherapists screen required by the Department of Human Services.
• The ability to pass the screening required by Federal Human Services Office of Inspector General to assure the employee has not been excluded from working in the Health Care Programs which receive federal funding.
• Passing all background and credentialing requirements for facility and position
• Current driver’s license along with a good driving record and valid insurance, if applicable.
Education and Experience:
• Associates in Arts degree.
• In lieu of an Associates in Arts degree and two years of experience, a high school diploma and three years of administrative experience may be substituted.
• Preference given to those with a Bachelors of Arts degree
• Prefererence will be given to candiates with prior experience working in the field of mental health or health care.
• Clear and concise written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills that produce desired results.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers which includes staff, managers and clients.
• Capable of reading and interpreting information with the ability to share with others as needed.
• Ability to use a computer and standard business and other work-related software with minimal instruction.
• Basic understanding of Microsoft products (word, excel, powerpoint ect.)
• Ability to read and understand common terminology of the mental health field.
• Ability to read, interpret, apply and model general information from policy and procedure manuals and other compliance-related information.